Monday 3 August 2015

Sukin Eye Serum Review

In my last makeup and skincare haul I mentioned I wanted to review these two products by Sukin, and I've been testing and trying these for a couple weeks now. The reviews turned out a little lengthy so I've decided to split them up. I'll update this post with the link for the face mask review soon.

Let's start with the Antioxidant Eye Serum:


One full pump: enough to cover the whole back of my hand
Ingredients list from Sukin: Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rose Hip), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol.

The ingredients list is very natural and organic, I like how they write the common name for most ingredients so people can actually understand what goes into their skincare. I was surprised to see Aloe as the first ingredient, although I imagine it would help depuff the eye area.

The packaging is sleek and I like how there's a pump because it's sanitary, although it dispenses a little too much each time. I just put the rest on my forehead where I have more texture and call it a day.

The formula is a lightweight gel-serum. It's hard to describe, but Priceline has testers so feel free to get a feel of it in store. I appreciate it's not too running, meaning it doesn't get into my eye because I've heard it stings a lot if you accidentally do.

In terms of performance, I think this is an average eye serum, and geared towards people like me, who don't have terrible eyebags unless they didn't sleep all night. They definitely do depuff and lighten the eye area (like immediately, it's kind of wild), and I feel a slight tightening of the skin so it may be good for wrinkles (I don't have any, luckily). I'm not sure about the moisturising part of the serum, because I don't feel like it very hydrates but it does smooth out the area. I don't apply under eye concealer on a day to day basis, but I imagine it's very nice under makeup.

The price is also very reasonable ($19.95 AUD); I find eye creams and such are always waay overpriced, and for such decent ingredients I'm very happy with Sukin's pricing.

All in all, a solid 8.5/10!

Like this post? Follow me on Bloglovin' here.

No comments:

Post a Comment