Monday 17 August 2015

Sukin Purifying Facial Masque Review

I picked up this mask when Priceline was having a 3 for 2 (along with some other goodies!), and have so far reviewed the Eye Serum, and am yet to review the Micellar Cleansing Water (but stay tuned for that). And keep reading to see my thoughts on Sukin's mask ;)

So the low down: this mask is supposed to purify, refresh and cleanse the skin. I like to scoop some with a spatula onto my fingers and spread it across damp clean skin. I keep it on for 10 minutes, by which time it's dried and is very tight on my face. The mask starts off a pinkish colour, and finishes looking like you've smeared tomato juice all over your face. I wash it off with warm water, pat dry, and continue on with toner and moisturiser.

Ingredients list from Sukin: Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Glycerin, Bentonite, Talc, Kaolin, Lecithin, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rose Hip), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Vanillin,  Vanilla Planifolia Extract, CI 77491, Citrus Paradisi Extract (Grapefruit Seed), Linalool,* Limonene.*
* Natural component of essential oils.

As you can see, the ingredients list is pretty amazing, save for talc, which I'm honestly a little disappointed about, and probably wouldn't have picked it up if I saw it when I was shopping.

The packaging is a strange one... I like that I get a big tub of it, but I don't like this sort of packaging because I feel like it's not as sanitary is a squeeze bottle. But considering the thick texture of this mask, having it in a tub makes sense.

As I said before, the texture of this is thick, but rather creamy, and I find it really easy to spread about my face. It's not goopy or drippy, so I don't make too much of a mess when I apply it around.

In terms of performance and whether or not it works, I find it's a decent mask. It's not magic, and I don't see pimples miraculously disappear after one use, but I certainly see some improvement in terms of brightness and skin texture. My redness is always reduced when I wash this off with warm water, and my skin feels incredibly soft. I don't reach for this when I'm breaking out, as I prefer to reach for treatments like tea tree oil, but I think this has a place in my skin care routine... but would I repurchase? Honestly, I would rather give Sukin's other mask a try first.

The price is a very reasonable $15.95 AUD for 100mls, and all in all I would give this a 7/10.

Check out my Sukin Eye Serum review here, and follow me on Bloglovin' here.

Let me know if you're tried out any Sukin products, and suggest some for me to try below! Also, what are your favourite face masks for purifying and cleansing the skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment