Wednesday 15 July 2015

June Favourites



Welcome to my first favourites post! I thought I’d share some of the things I’ve been really enjoying recently, I hope you find this helpful.

1. Dusty Girls by MooGoo Earth Cream - ‘Light’


This amazing tinted moisturiser has been my go to product for months. It has surprisingly nice coverage, and is a perfect blend of skincare meets makeup. The ingredients list is very attractive, with natural goodies that calm and heal the skin.
I like how it’s talc and silicon free, two ingredients I’ve been trying to make an effort to keep out of my makeup stash. Unfortunately finding products without these two ingredients is hard these days, and Dusty Girls is decently priced for the lovely products they produce.

2. Natio Mineral Eyeshadow Trio - ‘Smokey Eye Trio‘


I bought this at a discount makeup shop early this year and I’m so glad I did. Before this I wasn’t an eyeshadow wearer at all, but I’m crazy about this trio. It is probably the most versatile makeup item I own.

I can use it as eyeliner, to tightline, to highlight and contour, to fill in my brows, and of course as eyeshadow. If you have monolids like me, that matte brown in the middle is a godsend.

3. W7 Absolute Lashes Mascara


I got this for five bucks one day I was wandering around Chemist Warehouse, and I’m so glad I picked this up. I kind of got it because it reminded me of Benefit’s They’re Real, and after looking up this mascara apparently a lot of people have named this mascara as a dupe! I think it’s very separating and making my lashes look long and curly but still soft and natural somehow…
I’m very used to using cheapy Essence mascaras which are good, but this mascara has made me realise how clumpy my other mascaras have been. My only issue with this is that I haven’t seen it at many chemists, whereas the Big Lash is everywhere (I picked that one up too, but I haven’t opened it yet because I don’t want it to dry out), and it also wasn’t sealed, so it was kind of a gamble picking it up.

4. Unbranded Teardrop Makeup Sponge


A Beauty Blender ‘dupe’ at first glance, but from the many reviews I’ve seen online, I don’t think this is as squishy and soft as the others. Initially I thought this sponge was rather hard and didn’t seem to perform well at all, but now I’ve kind of ‘broken it in’, it’s softened and I really like it. It stains, but it blends out makeup seamlessly and beautifully. I love the skin-like finish I have when I use this for BB cream and powder. I’ve used this both dry and damp and they’re both good, it’s really a matter of preference. I got mine from Aliexpress in a pack of four, but you can find these everywhere from Ebay to Dresslink.

Swatches on Natio's Smokey Eye Mineral Eyeshadow Trio and Dusty Girls' Earth Cream in Light
What are your favourites this month? :)

Like this post? Follow me on Bloglovin' here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment