Tuesday 14 July 2015

Mini review of Rimmel lipsticks

 Target had a sale on Rimmel recently so I decided to try out some of the Rimmel lipsticks because they’ve been so raved about on Youtube. I’ve been doing a good clean out of my makeup and have thrown out almost all of my lipsticks because they tend to go off around the one-two year mark. So I had some staple colours to replace eg a nude. I also wanted to try an orange lip colour, and was pretty excited to see Rimmel had one.

The lipsticks I chose to pick up were the Kate Moss Matte Finish Lipstick in 113 and the Lasting Finish Lipstick in 210 Coral In Gold.


(Left is 113, Right is 210 Coral In Gold)


I really enjoy the sleek packaging, and both snap shut with a very nice ‘click’.


I’ll admit, I’m a little disappointed with the nude lipstick (113). It’s a really nice peachy pink, and it’s a tad bit pale for my skintone, but the real issue is the formula. It just looks bad on my lips. It makes my lips look dry and flakey no matter how thoroughly I prep my lips beforehand. And if I didn’t, it looks just gross.

The only way I can get this to work is if I wear it under gloss, but even then, I still need to work to get this to look non-flakey on my lips. I think I will try a moisturising formula for a nude next time. I’m not sure if I’ll try the other colours in this line either, because while dark colours don’t accentuate the lines on your lips as well, the formula is just a little too drying for me.

Coral In Gold is another story. I really really like this lipstick. It’s such a lovely colour, and very comfortable on the lips too. It’s not too drying despite the long-wear formula. It has a frosty finish, but I wear it more as a stain, so the shimmery nature of it isn’t an issue. Ultimately I’m glad I got this, and have been wearing it lots with a blushy cheek look.

Final thoughts: I think I’m going to give the moisture lipstick line of Rimmel’s a go, although if you’re looking for a pretty coral-orange colour you should try Coral In Gold!

Like this post? Follow me on Bloglovin' here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment